Why Join AMFI
Membership to AMFI is a sign of commitment to the ideals that AMFI seeks to promote. Membership benefits includes:
- Building your institution’s profile regionally and internationally
- Having a voice in shaping the future of the micro finance industry in Kenya.
- Access to various forums where members make contacts, share and gather information and build consensus on industry issues.
- Access to a wide range of services from AMFI including information, capacity building, technical assistance and advertising opportunities in AMFI’s publications and website
- Networking with AMFI’s global and regional patners.
Ordinary members comprise of:
- Deposit taking micro finance institutions
- Credit only Micro finance institutions
Associate Members comprises of:
- Commercial banks
- Insurance companies, Organizations established under independent Acts of Parliament and Development organizations
Honorary members will essentially consist of:
- Ex-official members
All categories of members with the exceptional of honorary members have equal voting rights and contribute to the networks funding through annual subscriptions.
An institution must:
- Offer micro finance services to the poor or low income earners or provide support services to the micro finance industry
- Be committed or demonstrate clear intent to become sustainable
- Have a clear micro finance business with a minimum of 500 clients and one year in operations
- Non discriminate against clients on the basis if religion, ethnicity or political affiliation.
- Be a non-partisan
- Demonstrate management capacity to effectively manage their operation in accordance with internationally accepted principles as evidenced by; Fit and Proper Test, Corporate Strategy, Quality of Portfolio, IR Policy and Business Plan